ITI Full Form
What is the full form of ITI? ITI stands for Industrial Training Institute. ITI is the training institute for 10th-level passers, if they are interested to study any technical course, then ITI Institute is the best option for them. This institute offers courses: Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Hardware, Refrigeration, Air Conditioning, Carpentry, Plumbing, Welding, Fitter, Engineering, and Non-Engineering.
Directorate-General for Employment and Training (DGET), the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, and the Union Government are established by the ITI Institute to provide trade training.
There are many ITI institutes both governmental and private. Those are offering vocational training to the students.
Upon completion of the training, eligible applicants will be issued a National Trade Certificate (NTC).
The main objective of an ITI is to train its candidates for industry and prepare them for employment. ITIs also conduct apprenticeship courses to enable this.
All the courses offered by ITI are excellent and skill-developing training. Our government is paying a lot of attention to this so that more people can be skilled.
Eligibility Criteria for ITI Course
Following are the qualifications that the applicant should possess
- Candidate must have completed the 10th level to be eligible to join all courses and for non-engineering courses applicant must have completed their 8th level.
- Those who have completed the 12th level can also join the ITI course
- The minimum age to join ITI is above 14 years.
- The upper age limit should be below 40 years.
- Students in government colleges must appear for the entrance exam.
Duration of the course
The duration of the ITI course is six months, nine months, 1 year, 1.5 years, and a maximum of two years. It all depends on the course’s nature. So before joining the course, you must have a clear image of the course.
ITI Admission Process
The admission process in government and private institutes is done on a merit basis. Some institutes have a written test to complete the admission. Some other private institutes will be in direct entry mode.
Courses Offered by ITI
ITI courses are categorized into Two by their nature.
1. Engineering Courses
Technical ITI courses are called engineering ITI courses or trades. Mathematics, Physics and other technical subjects are studied in this type of course and the duration is two years.
2. Non-Engineering Courses
In non-engineering courses, real-life and management subjects are studied. There are six-month and one-year courses available.
Following is the list of Engineering and Non- engineering courses
- Electrician-2 years
- Fitter- 2 years
- Mechanical- 2 years
- Surveyor- 2 years
- IT- 2 years
- Tool & Die Maker Engineering-3 years
- Draughtsman (Mechanical) Engineering-2 years
- Diesel Mechanic Engineering-1 year
- Pump Operator-1 year
- Motor Driving-cum-Mechanic Engineering-1 year
- Turner Engineering-2 year
- Draughtsman (Civil) Engineering-2 year
- Refrigeration Engineering-2 year
- Dress Making-1 year
- Manufacture Foot Wear-1 year
- Information Technology & E.S.M. Engineering-2 year
- Secretarial Practice-1 year
- Machinist Engineering-1 year
- Hair & Skin Care-1 year
- Fruit & Vegetable Processing-1 year
- Mech. Instrument Engineering-2 year
- Bleaching & Dyeing Calico Print-1 year
- Vessel Navigator
- Weaving Technician
- Library & Information Science
- Medical Transcription
- Network Technician
- Old Age Care Assistant
- Para Legal Assistant or Munshi
- Preparatory School Management (Assistant)
- Spa Therapy
- Tourist Guide
- Baker & Confectioner
- Cabin or Room Attendant
- Computer-Aided Embroidery And Designing
- Corporate House Keeping
- Counseling Skills
- Creche Management
- Driver Cum Mechanic (Light Motor Vehicle)
- Data Entry Operator
- Domestic House Keeping
- Event Management Assistant
- Front Office Assistant
- Hospital Waste Management
- Institution House Keeping
- Insurance Agent
- Web Designing and Computer Graphics
- Cane Willow and Bamboo Worker
- Catering and Hospitality Assistant
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant
- Craftsman Food Production (General)
- Craftsman Food Production (Vegetarian)
- Cutting and Sewing
- Desktop Publishing Operator
- Digital Photographer
- Dress Making
- Surface Ornamentation Techniques (Embroidery)
- Fashion Design and Technology
- Finance Executive
- Marketing Executive
- Multimedia Animation and Special Effects
- Office Assistant cum Computer Operator
- Plate Maker cum Impostor
- Preservation of Fruits and Vegetables
- Process Cameraman
- Secretarial Practice (English)
- Fire Technology
- Floriculture and Landscaping
- Footwear Maker
- Basic Cosmetology
- Health Safety and Environment
- Health Sanitary Inspector
- Hospital House Keeping
- Human Resource Executive
- Leather Goods Maker
- Litho Offset Machine Minder