Full Form of ISC
This post includes ISC full form in school, the Eligibility criteria for joining, the Advantages of ISC, How many subjects are In ISC, Different between ISC and CBSE boards.
ISC Full Form in English is Indian School Certificate and ISC full form in Hindi: भारतीय विद्यालय प्रमाणपत्र. This certificate is awarded to students who pass the class 12th examinations at schools affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE).
Eligibility Criteria For ISC
Only Class 12th students attending a full-time course in CISCE-affiliated schools can take the ISC exams. Home-schooled students are not allowed to write ISC exams under normal circumstances.
- The student must complete their class 10th from any of the recognized educational boards.
- There is no separation in case of caste, creed, religion, economic background, sect, gender, tribe, or race, the students can appear for these examinations.
- A student must meet the minimum attendance criteria of 75% for attending the ISC Examination.
How Many Subjects In ISC
English is a compulsory subject in the ISC board and the exam is always conducted in English medium except for language subjects. Students who clear the ISC exam have more chances to get admission to A-level colleges than students of respective boards and councils.
The following are the common subjects in the ISC :
- Environmental education
- Political Science
Advantages of ISC
- The ISC syllabus covers each subject in good depth. That’s why the students can understand the subject clearly and properly.
- Students at ISC have a wide range of options when choosing subjects.
- As a result, ISC students speak a lot more English than their peers.
- ISC emphasizes students becoming proactive problem solvers with good practical skills rather than just being good academics.
- ISC is recognized as an official educational qualification by most higher education institutions around the world.
- ISC students are sometimes given preference by foreign institutes, especially UK-based ones.
- Instead of spending all of their time studying, ISC schools encourage their students to pursue their interests.
Difference between ISC and CBSE Board
Following are some differences between the ISC and the CBSE board:
- ISC is under the Private organizations and the CBSE is controlled by the governing board.
- Compared to CBSE, ISC is much older.
- There are more subjects on the ISC syllabus than on the CBSE syllabus.
- CBSE places more importance on English than ISC
ISC Other Full Forms
|Information Systems Center||Military|
|Infrastructure Service Charge||Telecom|
|Inter System Crossing||Electronics|
|International Students Club||Universities|
|International Systems Consultancy||International Business|
|Idle Speed Control||Automotive|
|India Study Channel||Websites|
What is the full form of ISC?
Indian School Certificate
Is ISC better than CBSE?
So, comparing the two boards in these areas, both are equal. The CBSE board and ICSE board are at the same level.
CBSC or State Syllabus is better for the future?
CBSE is a great option when developing a course for the future. Studying for CBSE exams is tougher than state exams.