CPT Full Form In Commerce
In this post explain the Full form of CPT, the Eligibility Criteria for CPT, the Documents required for apply CPT, the Subject is CA CPT, the Exam pattern of CPT
CPT full form in commerce is the “Common Proficiency Test”. This is an entry-level exam for Charted Accountant (CA) students conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India(ICAI). CPT test is also known as CA-CPT. The exam is a requirement to become a member of the ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India).
Eligibility Criteria For CPT
The following are the eligibility criteria for the CPT application:
- An applicant who has passed the 10th standard can join the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
- But if the candidate wants to appear in the CPT test, he must have completed at least 12th level or equivalent studies in a recognized university.
- CA CPT Registration Charge and Tuition Charges are submitted on submission of a filled application form.
- You can download the payment application from the official website of ICAI www.icai.org.
What is the subject of the CA CPT Course?
The main subjects in the CPT Course are listed below.
- General Economics
- Fundamental of Accountancy
- Mercantile Law
- Quantitative Aptitude
Documents For CPT Exam
To apply for CPT Exam the student has to submit the following documents:
- Birth certificate of the candidate
- Obtain a copy of the admit card, the pass certificate, and the mark sheet of the 10th class endorsed by the Gazette Officer or the head of the institution.
- Copies of the pass certificate, mark sheet and admit card for class 12th, attestation by the Gazette Officer or Head of Institution
- If you are a foreign applicant, required proof of your citizenship
- Obtain your residency proofs such as Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, Driving License, or anyone.
- Document proving caste (Applicable to specially-abled persons, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, and others)
CPT Exam Pattern
The CPT exam is divided into two parts and 2 hours in duration
It has two sections covering a mark of 100.
- Fundamentals of Accounting – 60 marks
- Mercantile Laws – 40 marks
This is also divided into two sections that cover a mark of 100.
- General Economics – 50 marks
- Quantitative Reasoning – 50 marks
FAQs About CPT Exam
What is the full form of CPT?
Eligibility criteria for the CPT exam?
The applicant must complete their 10th and 12th classes or an equivalent study from a recognized university.
Are CPT exams tough?
Yes, it is. With consistent practice and a structured study schedule, it is possible to crack it.
Is mathematics mandatory for CA?
No, but a basic understanding of math would help you pass the CA exams.
CA and CPT both are the same?
CA is a revised version of the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) developed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).