Full Form of APSC
APSC stands for Assam Public Service Commission. It is a state recruitment agency. Agency Recruitment Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ Officers for Government of Assam and All State Govt. Recruitment includes State Public Sector Units and State Autonomous Bodies. APSC is headquartered at Jawahar Nagar, Khanapara, Guwahati and functions through its own secretariat. On 1st April 1937 It was established .
Thus, Assam Public Service Commission is an organization for recruiting employees into Assam state government organization and civil sector administrative services.
APSC is an examination, it conducted by Assam Public Service Commission. Examinations are conducted for the post of Exploration Officer, Assistant Research Officer etc. Not only this, there are several job roles and posts are available in the examination.
Age Limit for APSC Exam
First Age Limit, Candidate who is applying for Assam Public Service Commission Civil Service Exam, Minimum Age Limit of Candidate is 21 Years and Maximum Age Limit is 38 Years. However, some candidates get relaxation in age limit based on their category.
APSC Eligibility Criteria
Every candidate has the eligibility criteria to apply for Civil Service Exam conducted by Assam Public Service Commission.
Eligibility of the candidate depends on the job they are applying for. Below are the general qualifications that a candidate should possess while applying for the Assam Public Service Commission Examination.
- Minimum age for Assam Public Service Commission candidates is 21 years and maximum age is 38 years. However, age limit is depends on the type of work.
- Candidates applying for Assam Public Service Commission for Exploration Officer jobs. The candidates must have Post Graduate Degree in Sanskrit/Anthropology/History and Archeology etc.
- Applying for Assistant Research Officer in Assam Public Service Commission Exam. The candidate must have Post Graduate Degree from any recognized university for Mathematics, Economics, Commerce, Statistics, Business Administration, Business Management, Social Work, Sociology, Social Anthropology etc.
Jobs under APSC
In APSC, there are many job roles and posts for which candidates are recruited. These are some of the most common jobs under APSC
- Electrical Assistant Engineer under Irrigation Department,
- Civil Junior Engineer
- Civil Assistant Engineer under Irrigation Department,
- Assistant Mechanical Engineer under Irrigation Department etc..
Duties and Functions of ASPC
The Assam Public Service Commission has to perform the duties and functions specified in the Regulations. As stated in Article 320 of the Constitution, the main duties and functions of the Commission are given below.
- ASPC recommends candidates for direct recruitment to various services of the state government
- Advise the government on the principles to be followed, such as promotion of officers, suitability assessment etc.
- In all disciplinary matters affecting a person serving under the Government within the scope of the Commission;
- APSC advising the Government on all matters relating to formulation of Recruitment Rules / Draft Service Rules
- APSC helps to advise the government regarding the recruitment process for civil services